Established in 1934, the Inter-Fraternity Council (IFC) governs thirty social fraternities. IFC fraternities exist to promote the shared interests and values of the member fraternities including leadership, service, brotherhood and scholarship.
IFC fraternities were the first Greek letter organizations to be brought onto the Davidson College campus, with the Phi Alpha Chapter of Beta Theta Pi being founded in 1858. These organizations have helped to enhance the Davidson College and the entire Davidson community through philanthropy, service and on campus programming. Since the founding of Beta Theta Pi in 1858, the college has been home to over 20 IFC organizations and is currently home to the six organizations listed below. .